Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

190 Posts in 95 Topics- by 131 Members - Latest Member: maddog45

October 21, 2014, 05:32:47 PM
M Company Message BoardTrooper MessagesM Company Message BoardWhat is 'Allons'?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What is 'Allons'?  (Read 3011 times)
OpFoR
New Recruit

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2004, 06:48:07 PM »

Hello,
 I served with the 11th ACR through its 'roundout' the third squadron out of LV from 1995 to 1999.  Absolutely loved the unit as we got to smack the hell out of 'Blufor' all damn day.   Well my question is what is the derivation and history of "Allons" ...I  was never given that knowledge as we were sort of unique situation.  I looked up the history and couldnt find much of anything.  My buddies and I would get a lot of old tankers and scouts come up to us and go "Allons!" and wed be like 'WTF?' and just parrot it as we didnt want to disrespect them.  So some knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

\D
m11thcav
M Company Website
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 02:12:09 PM »

I don't know the origin or the reason of it's use with the 11th cavalry, but "Allons" is French for "Let's Go!" .. it's also the first word in the French national anthem...
dew_19dlrrp@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 06:36:04 AM »

Quote from: "OpFoR"
Hello,
 I served with the 11th ACR through its 'roundout' the third squadron out of LV from 1995 to 1999.  Absolutely loved the unit as we got to smack the hell out of 'Blufor' all damn day.   Well my question is what is the derivation and history of "Allons" ...I  was never given that knowledge as we were sort of unique situation.  I looked up the history and couldnt find much of anything.  My buddies and I would get a lot of old tankers and scouts come up to us and go "Allons!" and wed be like 'WTF?' and just parrot it as we didnt want to disrespect them.  So some knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

\D
my name is ssg. daniel watkins and im w/278th rct in iraq. i was assigned as tank driver(48a3)m co.3/11 th 70/71. im not in co. roster, im on master roster.  "allons" is french, it simply means "LET'S GO!!".  and 3d sqad. motto was "FIND THE BASTARDS, THEN PILE ON". ( just thought i would throw that in there. if you need anything else, im at DEW_19Dlrrp@yahoo.com    and yes i know im too old for this shit, but old cav troopers dont die, we'll all meet up at the FIDDLERS GREEN.                   "ALLONS"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx