Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

196 Posts in 100 Topics- by 131 Members - Latest Member: maddog45

October 31, 2020, 04:53:32 AM
M Company Message BoardTrooper MessagesM Company Message BoardLooking for old friends
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for old friends  (Read 5014 times)
M D Tavares
New Recruit

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2006, 01:39:17 PM »

Anyone who served in M co 3/11 in 68-69 please contact me my name is Mike Tavares everyone called me "Pineapple". I am trying to get in touch with Val Swartz,any help sure would be appericated.

co 3/11 68-69 nickname "pineapple"
zooey01
New Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:20:50 AM »

Bruddah Pineapple! You are like one breath of fresh air!  I served with M Co 5/68 to 5/69..With you, "Chief","MO" (who I got reunited with in DC at the 100th Aug 2001) "Speedy"..Milligan..Damn! why did we use all those nicknames?  Sure makes everyone harder to find later!  Although "pineapple" was hard to miss when I finally registered for the message board (which was hard enough to do anyway!) I was a "delta" and stayed a driver almost the whole year, usually for the XO..Lt Cannon first then Milligan was my TC for awhile (ran into him later at Ft. Knox KY where I was stationed during my last 7 months in the Army) After him I drove for a Lt. Emory tall rosy cheeked ROTC guy with glasses from Morth Carolina, I think.  Never found out where the officers went or what happened to Milligan either!  I DO remember running into you in Northern Virginia..real briefly..I was a longhair college student on my 10 speed whizzing through a parking lot on the way to a bank (they had a real cute teller working there..and I thought I had a chance with her..didn't work out!) YOU were still in uniform with some other guys walking along, and at first I didn't recognize you..thinking you had gotten out long ago and returned to Taro farming peacefully on Oahu!  Anyway!!  You seemed as amazed at my hair as I was you being still in uniform!  Hey, I might be 60..but the old memory is still like a steel trap  well maybe not steel..but not bad for one old guy eh?  I got married in 1977 in Maryland to Julie..(still married too!) 3 daughters 26,22,21 last one graduates college next year.Lived in Hawaii Big Isle, almost 10years 89-98..running out of room Mike..lots to catch up on..e-mail=firstcrabby@yahoo.net..latuh bro.Steve
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx