Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

196 Posts in 100 Topics- by 131 Members - Latest Member: maddog45

November 30, 2020, 04:44:24 PM
M Company Message BoardTrooper MessagesM Company Message BoardSgt. Clinton "Chet" Adkins
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sgt. Clinton "Chet" Adkins  (Read 10068 times)
Brad Adkins
« on: June 17, 2003, 10:03:46 PM »

Hello, My dad Sgt. Clinton "Chet" Adkins served with M co., 8/68 - 8/69.I am looking for any pictures of my dad while he was there. I have only one worn out picture of him perched up on his tank. If anyone can help please e-mail me. I am honored to be his son, and very proud of him. Thanks to all of M co. for what you gave of yourself, and helping to get my dad home.
Brad Adkins
toxeyhass1@cox.net
geraldcole@earthlink.net
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 04:02:16 AM »

I knew your father well. I hope this message finds him good health. Most Vietnam pictures destroyed in country. I can still hear ole 24's voice in my ear.

Sincerely,
Jim Strickland
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 04:38:38 PM »

I served as Sgt Adkins loader until the First Sgt. made me a RTO ( I ain't never figured that out yet) and i'mI so happy to hear he's still alive. Give him my best wishes and regards!  :lol:  a brother Vet
                       Jim Strickland
Zooey Crabill 1stplatoon
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 11:04:12 PM »

Greg, I lost most of my pictures in country as other guys did, thought it would be smart to have them developed in Basecamp by "Ski" our company clerk, and wraped in plastic.  I didn't want my parents developing them( uncensored) and having the shock of their lives..although my father probably wouldn't have been shocked..WW2/Army/Pacific..So I don't have any of your Dad..I DO remember his accent..being a Southerner myself,  and as I remember, he was a wired up TC..(we were ALL wired up due to the somewhat stressful nature of our occupations!!) I was a "Delta" in the 1st platoon, May 68-May69..I consider myself AMAZINGLY lucky to have lived through that year.I attended the 100th year reunion in DC..was your dad there?  It was the first time I ever reached out to contact anyone from my VietNam year..I'm glad that I did..although that was 4 years ago this August..haven't even joined the Association yet..things have happened recently to change this..back to your dad..hope he is still alive and well..In our fine Southern tradition you could count on him to watch your back, and fight right into the "thick of it"..It was rough to come back to "the world" with civilians hating us..Welcome Home..to Sgt.Chet..and his Family! SP5 Zooey C
Zooey Crabill
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 11:11:40 PM »

Hey Buddy! I KNOW it can't be Agent Orange that had me calling you Greg!  Sorry Bout dat! You can call me any name you like to get even..Latuh..SC/ZC
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx